Due to current COVID-19 dynamics, we are meeting online via Zoom and occasionally outdoors in-person, with physical distancing. Our gatherings are necessarily affected by this switch (e.g. we don’t have our potluck gathering), though our rhythm and liturgy remain similar. If you would like to join a gathering, even if you’re not part of this church or any church for that matter, you’re welcome. These are trying times and hospitality and spiritual reprieve are important. Just contact me and I’ll send you the details.
* We are meeting outdoors (location tbd) at 10:30 am on Sunday, September 13 in the West End to kick off our next season of church life. We will have a new website and fall schedule soon! *
Over the last three to four years, I have been discerning an invitation to plant a contemplative Vineyard church in Winnipeg’s West End focused on facilitating and nourishing experience with God (Father, Jesus, and Holy Spirit) in a way that features the ethos of spiritual direction, joins ancient and contemporary Christian spiritual practices, and deepens people’s faith, hope, and love.
I was invited onto the How to Plant a Healthy Church podcast to share about the discernment journey, and you can listen to the conversation below:
Details regarding our rhythm, the main features of our gatherings, as well as time/date/etc. are below. You’re most welcome to join us or to contact me if you’d like any further information.
We have a meal and hang out together. If you’d like to come, bring a food (appetizer, salad, side, main, or dessert) or drink item to share, or just show up and enjoy some hospitality.
Note: Please ensure that what you bring doesn’t contain peanuts or tree nuts.
Lectio Divina | Listening, Singing, Communion
We begin with snacks, tea/coffee, and visiting. Then, using Lectio Divina, we listen to what God might be saying to us as someone reads a short Bible passage (from the Lectionary) aloud. We also sing songs to God, pray for each other, and finish our time together by sharing communion.
Homily | Teaching, Singing, Communion
We begin with snacks, tea/coffee, and visiting. Then, someone teaches on a passage from the Bible (from the Lectionary) with a view to painting a bigger, more beautiful portrait of God. We also sing songs to God, pray for each other, and finish our time together by sharing communion.
We listen to someone share their life story with us, paying specific attention to what touches us and how we experience God through their story. These times allow us to get to know each other more deeply and thereby deepen friendship.
OTHER WEEKS | Rest and Special Gatherings
On selected weeks, we take a break from meeting and don’t have a gathering. Occasionally, we also have special gatherings which are slight departures from our usual routine.
Time | Sundays, 10:30 am – 12 pm.
Location | We meet in Winnipeg’s West End. Contact me for the location.
Childcare | Kids are welcome, though at this time there’s no childcare or specialized kids’ activities available.
Fall, 2020: Ordinary Time; Advent to Christmas
- Sept. 13 (First Sunday Gathering) *Special Gathering*
- Sept. 20 | Lectio Divina | Matthew 20:1-16
- Sept. 27 | Homily | Matthew 21:23-32
- Oct. 4 | Lectio Divina | Matthew 21:33-46
- Oct. 11 | Rest *No Gathering*
- Oct. 18 | Story Telling
- Oct. 25 | Homily | Matthew 22:34-46
- Nov. 1 | Lectio Divina | Matthew 23:1-12
- Nov. 8 | Rest *No Gathering*
- Nov. 15 | Story Telling
- Nov. 22 (Reign of Christ) | Homily | Matthew 25:31-46
- Nov. 29 (Advent 1) | Lectio Divina | Mark 13:24-37
- Dec. 6 (Advent 2) | Homily | Mark 1:1-8
- Dec. 13 (Advent 3) | Lectio Divina | John 1:6-8, 19-28
- Dec. 20 (Advent 4) | Homily | Luke 1:26-38
- Dec. 23 (Eve of Christmas Eve) *Special Gathering*
- Dec. 27 | Rest *No Gathering*
Summer, 2020: Ordinary Time
- July 6 | Lectio Divina | Matthew 11:16-19, 25-30
- July 13 | Homily | Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23
- July 20 | Rest *No Gathering*
- July 27 | Lectio Divina | Matthew 13:31-33, 44-52
- Aug 3 | Rest *No Gathering*
- Aug 10 | Homily | Matthew 14:22-33
- Aug 17 | Lectio Divina | Matthew 15: (10-20), 21-28
- Aug 24 | Homily | Matthew 16:13-20
- Aug 31 | Rest *No Gathering*
Spring, 2020: Easter to Pentecost
- May 4 (Easter 4) | Lectio Divina | John 10:1-10
- May 11 | Rest *No Gathering*
- May 18 (Easter 6) | Homily | John 14:15-21
- May 25 (Easter 7) | Lectio Divina | John 17:1-11
Winter, 2020: Epiphany to Easter
- Jan. 13 | Potluck
- Jan. 20 (Epiphany 2) | Lectio Divina | John 1:29-42
- Jan. 27 (Epiphany 3) | Homily | Matthew 3:13-17
- Feb. 3 (Epiphany 4) | Potluck
- Feb. 10 (Epiphany 5) | Lectio Divina | Matthew 5:13-20
- Feb. 17 | Rest *No Gathering*
- Feb. 24 (Transfiguration) | Homily | Matthew 17:1-9
- Mar. 2 (Lent 1) | Potluck and Invitations to Lent *Special Gathering*
- Mar. 9 (Lent 2) | Lectio Divina | Matthew 17:1-9
- Mar. 16 (Lent 3) | Homily | John 4:5-42
- Mar. 23 (Lent 4) | Homily | John 9:1-41
- Mar 30 | Rest *No Gathering*
- Apr. 6 (Palm “Sunday”) | Lectio Divina | Matthew 21:1-11
- Apr 13 (Easter) | Easter Celebration *Special Gathering*
Fall, 2019: Advent to Christmas
- Oct. 7 | Potluck
- Oct. 14 | Rest *No Gathering*
- Oct. 21 | Lectio Divina | Luke 18:1-8
- Oct. 28 | Homily | Luke 18:9-14
- Nov. 4 | Potluck
- Nov. 11 | Lectio Divina | Luke 20:27-38
- Nov. 18 | Rest *No Gathering*
- Nov. 25 | Homily | Luke 23:33-43