Presence is a five-session invitation to the contemplative life (featuring teaching, discussion, and spiritual practices) for those desiring to grow in intimacy with God, discernment, and love for others.
- CAD $125 (excludes books and spiritual direction)
- Attendance at all five sessions
- Reading (one book: Sacred Rhythms by Ruth Haley Barton)
- Spiritual Direction (three sessions)
- Spiritual Practices (four)
- Written Reflections (four)
- ~ Two-page reflections before each session on your current life, and experience with the reading, spiritual practices, and spiritual direction.
- One: Prayer
- Silence: learning to be still.
- Examen: learning to notice and respond to God in the everyday.
- Two: Scripture
- Lectio Divina: learning to listento God through scripture.
- Ignatian Contemplation: learning to experience God through scripture.
- Three: Spiritual Direction
- Listening: learning the spiritual significance of compassionate listening and good questions.
- Meeting with a Spiritual Director: learning to share about your life with God with a discerning companion.
- Four: Rhythm
- Sabbath: learning to cultivate a regular rhythm of rest and prayer.
- Solitude: learning to be alone, with God.
- Five: Reflection
- Looking back over our time together, expressing thanks, and benediction.
- There are 12 spaces available for each Presence cohort.
- If you would like to host a cohort or are interested in participating in one, contact me.